Robert S. Cohen, Founder, President and CEO
- A partner in the U.S. introduction of the Olay Company, Mr. Cohen was responsible for developing the marketing plan and implementing the U.S. introduction of Oil of Olay® from its meager beginnings in South Africa. He directed all sales and marketing for the company until it was acquired by Richardson Merrill, Inc. and subsequently acquired by the Proctor & Gamble Company. With global revenue in excess of $14 billion, Olay® is the most valuable global beauty brand.
- Over the past 45 years, Mr. Cohen has established several pharmaceutical companies. He founded Jordan-Simner, Inc. where he invented, patented and marketed the first foaming vaginal contraceptive suppository and a dual contraceptive/sexually transmitted disease prophylactic compound, which is included in Matrx Pharmaceutical's armamentarium. He founded Maximed Corporation, a pharmaceutical company where he co-invented and patented a vaginal drug delivery gel device and Biovector Technologies, Inc., a research and development company focused on drug delivery technologies for feminine health, which has been morphed into Matrx Pharmaceuticals.
Marc E. Kalton, Senior Vice President, COO
Will assume the responsibility of Chief Operating Officer
- He has over 25 years of international experience and specialized in advising both multinationals and emerging market companies on their country, regional and globalization strategies, business development initiatives, as well as M&A, supply chain effectiveness, corporate structure, organizational effectiveness programs and government relationship building.
- In his position as Managing Director at Edica-Garnett Partners, a global management consultant firm he co-established, he oversees alliances partner relationships and directs activities in China and India as well as other rapidly developing (and emerging) economies in Asia-Pacific, Latin America and Africa.
- Prior to Edica-Garnett Partners, he was Market Director Asia-Pacific for Arthur D. Little’s Chemicals Practice with both management and client advisory responsibilities. Mr. Kalton was also a Partner at Chem Systems, with responsibilities in Asia (China, Korea and ASEAN), Israel and Latin America (Mexico, Venezuela, Brazil and Argentina), Planning Director at Belco Petroleum and held a variety of financial and business development positions at Union Carbide Corporation.
Charles M. Mixon, Jr. Vice President, CFO
Has been Director of Providence Management Group since 1997
- From 1988 – 1997 he was Vice President of Banque Nationale de Paris managing the Bank’s $15 billion position.
- From 1982 – 1988 he was manager of trading of securities at Dean Witter and Manufacturers Hanover Bank.
- From 1973 -1988 he managed trading and risk management at a number of large North American Banks
- From 1967 –1973, he was a commercial airline flight officer for various international Carriers and was a US Naval Air Officer from 1962 -1967.
- He received a Bachelor of Arts Degree at the University of North Carolina in 1962.
- Mr. Mixon’s extensive experience in the financial industry makes him uniquely qualified to oversee the operations of Matrx Pharmaceuticals and to direct fiscal oversight.
Richard D. Glaser, Ph.D., Senior Vice President
Dr. Glaser was previously President and COO of Biovector Technologies, Inc.
- Dr. Glaser was with Maximed Corporation from 1988 to 1992. He left the Company to assume the position of Chief Operating Officer of Macrochem, Inc., a NASDAQ listed company. He was at Macrochem until 1995 and is presently a consultant in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Dr. Glaser graduated from the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy and Science in 1966. He attended the University of Kansas from 1966 to 1973 where he was awarded a Master’s Degree in Medicinal Chemistry and Doctor of Philosophy Degree in Biochemistry.
- His extensive business background includes: President, Chief Operating Officer, Exovir, Inc., 1984-1987. He was with Pfizer Laboratories (Pfizer, Inc.), as Senior Associate Director, New Drug Development and was on of a number of scientists that oversaw the clinical development of Procardia (nifedipine), a drug whose sales are over $1 billion a year.
Paul Vichi, Ph.D., Vice President, CSO
Specialist in molecular biology, biomedical technology, clinical and diagnostic microbiology, oncology, signal transduction and nanotechnology.
- Over 25 years experience in academia and industry related to biomedical technologies, oncology, pharmacology and materials sciences.
- Chief Development and Technical Officer, co-Founder, CerMed Corporation. Led development of point-of-care technology and products for women's health.
- Senior Scientist at Diffraction LTD and Creative MicroSystems Corp., leading biomimetic and nanotechnology driven R&D efforts focused on applications for micro vision, diagnostics and drug delivery.
- Former faculty at the University of Vermont (UVM) with appointments in the departments of Biomedical Technologies and Pathology.
- Dr. Vichi earned a Ph.D. in Cellular & Molecular Biology from UVM and completed postdoctoral fellowships in Molecular Physiology and Biophysics at UVM, and in Cancer Biology at the Institut Genetique, et de Biologie, Moleculaire et Cellulaire (IGBMC), Strasbourg, Fr.
Wang Xiaofang, Director of Business Development, China Operations
- Ms. Wang is an innovative marketing professional with years of results-oriented senior marketing expertise focused on initiating brand recognition programs, enhancing comprehensive marketing strategies, and promotion development.
- She was formerly Marketing Manager, Wall Street Multimedia, Inc., one of the first Chinese media companies covering trends in the U.S. financial markets.
- Prior years included Brand Management and Public Relations Director at Shanghai Zhongrun Media & Advertising Corporation, one of the largest telecommunications and broadcasting companies in China.
- She has a law degree from Renmin University of China (Top-ranked law school in China) and received her MBA in Global Management, Specialization in Marketing, at Thunderbird School of Global Management (No.1 International Global Business School).
Giovanni Campos, Director of Business Development, Latin American Operations
- Originally from Costa Rica, he began his career with Grupo Farmanova Intermed, the largest pharmaceutical distributor in Costa Rica.
- Subsequently with Pfizer, Inc. as Regional Director Pfizer, Inc., Latin America (women’s health products.). Mr. Campos promoted Pfizer’s women’s health products (i.e., Premarin®, Cleocin® (Clindamycin) throughout Latin America.
Sun Zhenrui, Chief Information and Government Liaison Officer
- Graduated from Beijing University of Foreign Languages (BUFL) in 1962.
- Mr. Sun studied English at BUFL for 5 years and International Trade at the University of International Business and Economy for 2 years. After graduation he taught English at The Foreign Languages School of Beijing.
- For the next 20 years he worked at The Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications and Ministry of Foreign Economic Relations and Trade (MFERT, now Ministry of Commerce). At these posts he traveled extensively to the U.S. and Canada as a country guest to world-famous firms such as AT&T, Bell Labs, NT, GE and Ford etc.
- During his tenure he visited numerous medical facilities and hospitals in North America and Europe. He headed the first cardiac group under Beijing Hospital to Ontario and Quebec for academic exchange, and successfully built up long-term relationships between China and Canada. In early 1990 he was employed by AT&T China and soon moved to GE Medical Asia Beijing Company.