MATRX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a global pharmaceutical company with locations in New York, NY, and Valletta, Malta. MATRX’s core management is based in the U.S., along with R&D for new drug development with other administrative, R&D, manufacturing and distribution activities for European, Latin American and North American markets centered in Malta. Distribution and marketing for Asia is with a MATRX controlled joint undertaking.
We leverage technology-based differentiation, bringing new products and patented technologies into each market we enter. All of our products offer a form of controlled release drug delivery, which differentiates MATRX from the competition, providing greater benefit to consumers.
Globally, generic drugs represent over 85% of all prescriptions and continue to rise annually as they are the most affordable, familiar and trusted therapies. MATRX differentiates by embedding generic compounds into branded, polymeric drug delivery platforms, which provide the following advantages:
- tunable degradation rates
- altered drug release kinetics as a function of local conditions
- maintains therapeutic effect for a longer period of time
- reduces the number and frequency of doses administered
- eliminates peaks and valleys in bioavailability
- eliminates the inconvenience of nighttime dosing
- improves patient compliance
These attributes provide significant advantages over currently marketed products.